
Bob and I have been living in the new house on Osage Drive since April 11. So far, so good! We made sure our first project was painting our bathroom from a hideous Pepto-pink to a nice, calming sage green. So much better! Of course, that leaves three rooms that are still various shades of pink, but none of them (other than our bedroom, which is only "white pink") are being used right now, so we're able to ignore them a little bit better than we could the bathroom.
The next paint job will be on the living room. The color isn't horrible (tanish), but because the carpet is tan as well, it leaves us with a rather "blah" feeling. Hopefully we'll s
pruce it up either this weekend or the coming weekend. The color we're looking at is a nice blue, and we'll use a slightly different blue on the paneled wall by the fireplace for contrast.
There are currently two big plans for this weekend: cleaning out the old apartment and mowing the lawn. This will be the last weekend we'll have for the apartment, and we still need to take down our window treatments, vacuum, clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, and clean the fridge. Ugh. Not looking forward to all that cleaning. And I don't think Bob's looking forward to all that mowing, either. Mom and Dad will be coming down on either Thursday or Friday to bring one of their mowers that we can borrow until we get one of our own. I suggested that maybe we should hire someone to do the lawn since Bob's back is shot and he's also allergic to bees, but he declined. I told him I'd try to help a little, but he better get used to my complaining. :)
I'm starting to get used to doing the old chores in the new house, as well. Cooking has been more prominent this week, with meatloaf on Monday and salmon on Tuesday. I learned to take the battery out of the smoke alarm so as not to have to constantly demonstrate my cheerleader moves (running, jumping, and waving a dishtowel in the air) whenever I cook. It appears there may be some grease in the oven that's causing the smoke alarm to go off, so I'll have to take care of that in the next few days as well. Living without a dishwasher isn't too awful, either. We don't accumulate too many dishes, and are still using paper plates and cups for snacks. I was starting to get sick of the dishwasher at the apartment because it was leaving skanky food residue on our glasses and silverware, so it's nice to have everything dry and clean before I put it away after work. Laundry is going good, too. I like having the couches and TV right outside the laundry area so I can fold everything while watching TV. I think I can get used to this. :)
pruce it up either this weekend or the coming weekend. The color we're looking at is a nice blue, and we'll use a slightly different blue on the paneled wall by the fireplace for contrast.There are currently two big plans for this weekend: cleaning out the old apartment and mowing the lawn. This will be the last weekend we'll have for the apartment, and we still need to take down our window treatments, vacuum, clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, and clean the fridge. Ugh. Not looking forward to all that cleaning. And I don't think Bob's looking forward to all that mowing, either. Mom and Dad will be coming down on either Thursday or Friday to bring one of their mowers that we can borrow until we get one of our own. I suggested that maybe we should hire someone to do the lawn since Bob's back is shot and he's also allergic to bees, but he declined. I told him I'd try to help a little, but he better get used to my complaining. :)
I'm starting to get used to doing the old chores in the new house, as well. Cooking has been more prominent this week, with meatloaf on Monday and salmon on Tuesday. I learned to take the battery out of the smoke alarm so as not to have to constantly demonstrate my cheerleader moves (running, jumping, and waving a dishtowel in the air) whenever I cook. It appears there may be some grease in the oven that's causing the smoke alarm to go off, so I'll have to take care of that in the next few days as well. Living without a dishwasher isn't too awful, either. We don't accumulate too many dishes, and are still using paper plates and cups for snacks. I was starting to get sick of the dishwasher at the apartment because it was leaving skanky food residue on our glasses and silverware, so it's nice to have everything dry and clean before I put it away after work. Laundry is going good, too. I like having the couches and TV right outside the laundry area so I can fold everything while watching TV. I think I can get used to this. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment